2/21/2015
Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE:XOM)
Gas prices are down, is now a time to buy . . . trucks? Apparently so. America, as the world's, short-sightedness is legendary. We haven't displaced our energy creation from carbon to non-carbon sources so . . . oil?
Price at write-up $89.92
Target 68 to 85
Valuation Ratios
Price/Earnings (TTM) . . . . .11.7
Price/Sales (TTM) . . . . . . . 0.91
Earnings per share . . . . . . .7.65
Price/Book (MRQ) . . . . . . . 2.1
Price/Cash Flow (TTM) . . .9.47
Held by institutions . . . . . . . 48,15
%Short . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 0.95
Dividend . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . $2.76/3.07%
MarketCap 377.8B
While I think 85-86 isn't a bad price for the long haul, with expectations as they are (gas prices declining for the next 12 months) I want exposure but at an unfairly low price. So my bet is closer to $70. Now in 20 years will the bottom fall out of carbon fuels, I'm betting not - though they'll have significant competition and little price advantage. That being said, there should be a lot of good years between now and then. This is a stock I'd be pleased to pick up anytime in the next 6 months at a great price around $70, and then hope there isn't a carbon revolution.
Due Diligence COP, BP, PBR.A, RDS.B, CVX
Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE:XOM)
Gas prices are down, is now a time to buy . . . trucks? Apparently so. America, as the world's, short-sightedness is legendary. We haven't displaced our energy creation from carbon to non-carbon sources so . . . oil?
Price at write-up $89.92
Target 68 to 85
Valuation Ratios
Price/Earnings (TTM) . . . . .11.7
Price/Sales (TTM) . . . . . . . 0.91
Earnings per share . . . . . . .7.65
Price/Book (MRQ) . . . . . . . 2.1
Price/Cash Flow (TTM) . . .9.47
Held by institutions . . . . . . . 48,15
%Short . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 0.95
Dividend . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . $2.76/3.07%
MarketCap 377.8B
While I think 85-86 isn't a bad price for the long haul, with expectations as they are (gas prices declining for the next 12 months) I want exposure but at an unfairly low price. So my bet is closer to $70. Now in 20 years will the bottom fall out of carbon fuels, I'm betting not - though they'll have significant competition and little price advantage. That being said, there should be a lot of good years between now and then. This is a stock I'd be pleased to pick up anytime in the next 6 months at a great price around $70, and then hope there isn't a carbon revolution.
Due Diligence COP, BP, PBR.A, RDS.B, CVX