Visa, there are other places you want to be.

6 October 2014

It's hard not know about Visa (NYSE:V, 211.79) as one of the premier credit card companies.  In the U.S. credit comes easy, not so in the rest of the world.  Visa and Master Card (MA) are the big players here, but Playpal (for the time being a part of Ebay), Apple Pay, google wallet, square, and a host of cellphone associated companies are pushing their way into market.  Each shares the low downside risk that Visa enjoys and takes a cut of all transactions.
PE 24.15, PS 10.61, PB 4.85, PCF 22.07, Div 0.75%, Institutional 88.83.

The book value here is a little high for me as is the institutional ownership.  The stock has been steadily moving up in the past few years, and I've since sold my holdings. I wouldn't want to pick this up at much more than 131 to 150 with a cap about 160, but it could reasonably be had under 211 being 208 recently and 196 in april.  At those prices I believe other stocks are far more attractive.