Ramblings on Rosetta stone, Abb group, & Orcle

While I think RST has a real future, with a P/E in the 60s I'm allergic to it. I think it's trading candy. I like it in the $16 range, or at least less than 20. It feels like Visa (V) to me, without the virtually guaranteed upside.

Incidentally I think shares of Visa are slightly depressed for no good reason, and will try to pick some up around 70.25 within the week.

In the near term I'm also looking to get Abb @16.85 until 7/10, considered an opportune pick up. It might not explode out of it's current slump, but it will look good. They make power transmitting and generation equipment which I feel has a good to excellent market to update inferior grids and expand into developing areas.

I'm still in love with Oracle's future (ORCL) and will look to pick some up @21.25 until 6/18.

Howard suggested TTT but they've just gone through some form of restructuring, and UEPS is lending money to poor people so I've yet to complete my research on either of them yet.

Vix is 30.17 and coming down, I'd like to see it below or well below 25 (17 would be good).

TED is .39 and distressingly steady, I'd like to see it back at .2 or lower.

ABB might go to 13. Always remember to choose your limit orders wisely, and why I've been suggesting taking 1/3 stakes (perhaps in person, and not here). Essentially there is still WAY to much volatility and uncertainty to pick up full stakes in anything.

That is if you want to spend $3,000 on some stock, spend $1,000 on it now, wait a few weeks to months then spend another $1,000 if it's appropriate, then wait another few months and spend another $1,000. Or at least be prepared to do so. It could either go up or down from your initial purchase, which is the point, you're averaging in.

Honestly, I make some pretty inspired calls myself but no one knows the exact future. Calling an actual bottom, while ideal, isn't humanly possible. Sometimes you get lucky. But if you buy just before the bottom, around the bottom, and/or just after the bottom you should be pretty well positioned in the end.

Comments