China Marine food (CMFO)

CMFO is a mixed bag: I like their product, but the price to book is too high for a company whose revenue isn't based on intellectual property. Also, I like my staples with bigger fists (like coke), but if you want a steady slow earner this could be the china version of it. I'd rather you buy the coke or Pepsi bottler for china however. This company, so we're clear, makes snakes out of fish products. Like shrimp chips. I don't see the world buying them. No one in the major (other) economies, and no (other) emerging markets means this is a huge pass for me. Although I do happen to like shrimp chips (but not enough to buy them). Also china is reducing it's population and migrating (slow but sure) to a western diet. So buy the chips, not the company.

To wrap up, searching for stocks under $20 doesn't make them cheap. Buying 40 shares of CCH is way smarter than buying 100 shares of any of these.

Comments